I want to encourage you today.
You do not, and I’ll repeat this, you do not have to agree with the negative self-talk in your head.
It might not even be your original thoughts!!!
I talked in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDXjjv-gSE ) about the fact that it will take some willingness – not perfection – to get traction and not lose major ground with your non-diet living efforts.
If you find yourself having some of these repetitive thoughts
- I am not sick
- I am not thin enough
- It’s not that bad
- I don’t need that much (yes maybe you do!)
- This (intuitive eating/recovery/body acceptance) is for everyone else, but not for me
- Or whatever the withholding/critical/shaming voice inside is saying…
Get curious, and consider some options you might take next. These can include
- Reaching out
- Being with it
- Reminding yourself you are not doing that today/right now, I’ve got xyz to do
- Exploring it
- Comforting yourself
Agreeing with the negative self-talk is the last thing I want you to consider.
Support is Available
If you find you need a bridge to work from in your journey from food criticism to food choice, you can find a helpful resource here: https://www.tracybrownrd.com/get-started/
Recovery is everyBODY!
PS: If you are looking for more support,
1) Enjoy these free case studies with tips how to have freedom from food and weight worries: http://bit.ly/2IfVZp2bodypeace
2) Put to use today these action resources to help you learn about eat without being obsessed or on a diet or worrying about your weight: www.tracybrownrd.com/free-gifts
3) Introduce yourself here: https://www.tracybrownrd.com/get-started. I love hearing from people about where you've come from and what your dreams are for full freedom from weight and food worries.