I hope you are doing okay. And if you are not, I am so sorry and validating every hurt, grief, frustration and fear.
It can feel excruciating, all those emotions and sensations and it’s likely to impact your food without MORE self-compassion. I hope you are pulling out the stops for yourself and that includes NOT trying to fix yourself but honor what you need to do, including aware emotional eating. I’ve done it too right now from time to time.
I just wanted to share a quick articles to remind you of diet culture DOESN’T report so you can start to put dots together for yourself.
What are some things you can do right now to keep diet culture’s icky tentacles off you right now:
1) keep saying on social, not interested, to all those watch your weight posts and ads
2) keep more than enough (not hoarding) meal options, snacks, etc so you minimize feelings of scarcity that can stir fear and a drive to binge or shut down
3) You choose what’s next. Do you need gentle structure day by day or is it the best medicine every for you right now to let go of knowing what food you will eat next and truly allow your hunger and fullness to guide the way?
There is much to learn right now, but putting pressure on yourself thinking that you can mess up recovery is not one of them.
Much care to you.
If you need more specific help, reply here and I will get back to you lickety split.
I see you and virtual hugs
PS: If you are looking for more support,
1) Enjoy these free case studies with tips how to have freedom from food and weight worries: http://bit.ly/2IfVZp2bodypeace
2) Put to use today these action resources to help you learn about eat without being obsessed or on a diet or worrying about your weight: www.tracybrownrd.com/free-gifts
3) Introduce yourself here: https://www.tracybrownrd.com/get-started. I love hearing from people about where you've come from and what your dreams are for full freedom from weight and food worries.